1.25.2010

Illumina Sequencing MRSA

Illumina, one of the 3 major next-gen sequencing platforms on the market is back in the news with this article by MIT's Technology Review.  The article explains the efforts made by the Sanger Institute to track and understand the evolution and spread of MRSA, the antibiotic-resistant form of Staphylococcus aureus by sequencing its genome using Illumina sequencers.  Unfortunately, there was no link to any actually published work, nor did they mention what sequencer they were using (probably a 'Genome Analyzer II'), but I will poke around the web and try to dig up some more info.  The article is very interesting, regardless.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! This blog post couldn't be written any better! Looking through this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He continually kept talking about this. I will send this article to him. Pretty sure he'll have a great
    read. I appreciate you for sharing!

    my web blog her first time anal

    ReplyDelete